There really is no way around it. Getting a DUI in the state of California usually leads to higher premiums and escalated deductibles. Many nationwide insurers will not insure a driver who has been convicted of a DUI, but there are a few things you can do to get yourself insured. Check out these 3 tips that can help you get insured in California following a DUI conviction.
File an SR-22 – If your driver’s license has been either revoked or suspended, you will need to file an SR-22 before you can get on the road again. This certificate is to confirm that you meet the state’s minimum requirements for liability coverage. Some insurers do not offer SR-22s and in this case, your policy will be canceled. The document can be obtained from your insurer who will then submit it to the California DMV once you have filled it out completely. Once filed, you will then be marked as a “high risk driver”.
Enroll in the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan – Most national insurers don’t offer coverage for high risk drivers, but many smaller auto insurance companies do. If your policy has been canceled or you can’t afford the higher premium, there is a bit of luck thanks to the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan. This program is designed to match those with DUI convictions with companies that will insure high risk drivers.
Compare Rates – To get yourself the best possible deal, it’s best to compare rates among those insurers who will work with DUI convictions. Just remember to be completely honest about your situation when requesting a quote from auto insurance companies in order to avoid disappointment or confusion.
If you have been convicted in the state of California, there is no need to panic just yet. Use these tips to help you get insured so you can get back on the road in no time!
Insurance policies and coverage terms often go by the wayside and under the radar of most policy holders. But how much knowledge you have of your policy often coincides with whether or not you end up with the raw end of the deal if you have an accident. Liability coverage is a touchy area that is not commonly understood but ought to be. Our goal is to help you better understand what liability coverage means for you and your family in case of an accident. Here are three areas you should understand before you sign off on a policy.
Auto Liability Coverage’s
Depending on the policy, most auto liability coverage secures you in the following incidents up to the amounts listed beside them:
– Property Damage/ dependent upon the limit you set anywhere from $25,000-$100,000
– Bodily injury liability limit per person injured/ you establish the max payout on your policy
– Bodily injury liability limit per accident/ you establish this limit
Collision & Deductibles
Collision coverage is slightly different than comprehensive coverage but can be added to be your policy apart from comprehensive. Collision protects your car in the case of an accident. It doesn’t cover any damage done to another vehicle but if you hit a tree or other stationary object your damage is covered.
Deductibles determine the amount you have to pay your insurer out-of pocket to receive the coverage limits you’ve sent. So if you have a $500 deductible you have to first come up with the $500 before your insurer will pay for any damages incurred in the accident.
Property damage liability covers damaged property and may include any loss of use you experience.
Why Choose More Coverage?
Many people choose to opt for the bare minimum of coverage that the law allows, but you get what you pay for, and if you choose a policy that does not cover bodily injury or property damage you could set yourself up for lawsuits. For the price of a cheap lunch you can upgrade your policy from liability only to more comprehensive coverage. Why not have you and your family fully protected from financial woes by opting for more insurance? Call Tony Moreno Insurance today at (909) 986-2550 or contact us online and talk to an agent to set up more extensive coverage on your auto policy today!
When it comes to choosing the right automobile insurance company, it is important to partner with a financially stable and reputable insurance company. It is very significant to learn and understand what kind of automobile insurance company you are looking for, whether to choose an automobile insurance company with cheap prices or the ones which offer costly insurance policies. It is very important to find the real differences between the two.
So, while selecting the right car insurance company, you have to give attention to some relevant points, which can help in deciding the best car insurance company appropriate for your particular requirement.
- Importance to reliability: The first thing you need to consider is whether the automobile insurance company is reliable or not. The company must have good reputation for settling the claims. For instance, various companies offer cheap prices for automobile insurance, but at the time of settling the claims usually give big headaches to the automobile owners. In this case, it is advisable to choose companies which are offering costly insurance policies but give great service. It is also important to check for the time taken by the company for completing the whole process of settling the claims.
- Check for the complaints: At the time of selecting the right automobile insurance company, make sure to pay notice to its complaint ratio. This will clearly show the number of insurance complaints received by this company versus the number of insurance complaints settled by it. If the ratio is higher, than the company is unreliable.
- Type of insurance policy: The next thing is to check is the kind of insurance policy given by the company. It is vital to decide beforehand which type of policy you require and if the automobile company is offering that type of policy or not. At same time, it is important to give attention to the kind of claims actually entertained by the company. For instance, companies with cheap price policy might not cover some important claims.
- Checking the exact cost of premium insurance: It is vital to select the accurate premium plan for the car insurance. While selecting makes sure you are in the position to afford the premium plan offered by the automobile insurance company.
- Visiting different types of forum: At the time of finding the best car insurance and service, you can also visit various online forums, which offer information about the automobile company selected by you.
- Gather Quotes: It is very helpful to gather recommendations from family members and friends about a particular car insurance company. It is always better to seek for their opinion in order to make the right choice for automobile insurance company.
- Discounts: various automobile insurance companies offer certain kind of discounts for new insurers or for certain period of time. This is usually done by companies offering cheap price insurance policies to attract customers, which might be a bad idea to look for.
Hence, while selecting the best car insurance policy you can refer to the above mentioned points or give us a call at (909) 986-2550 or online.
Although drivers might be required by law to have automobile insurance, it doesn’t need to be expensive. In fact, there are a number of very simple things you can do to help save extra cash on your automobile insurance policy each month. Believe it or not, most consumers are actually overpaying for their insurance plans by just paying their monthly premium automatically each billing cycle. Instead of doing that, it’s recommended you take some time to read over each of these five suggestions out below. Consider all of these money saving tips next time you’re thinking about changing or upgrading your policy.
The different options that come with your vehicle can save big bucks! Extra features like an alarm or the fact that your automobile is kept inside a garage can be one of the easiest ways to cut costs on your auto insurance. It’s something to think about before you purchase a car, and is definitely something to remember to tell your insurance agent once you’ve purchased the car. Some agents won’t ask you this kind of information so it’s important you make it clear to them.
Those who ride motorcycles or drive business vehicles should also note that it’s important to keep everything on your vehicle well maintained. Factory motorcycle parts and service can be expensive. By keeping your bike clean and running smoothly it will make your engine last longer and require less time inside a shop subsequently causing your insurance premiums to rise. The same goes with business vehicles that are driven for long hours each week. Be sure to keep up with oil changes and fill all fluids to prevent them from a trip into the shop.
Maintain Good Credit
Just like most other things we buy as adults, insurance premiums are also partially based on your credit score. So, maintaining a good credit history will help bring your monthly rates down. This is another easy method for saving extra money because it requires virtually nothing from you! Your rates can go down just by paying all your bills on time each month and maintaining good credit.
Bundle and Save
Since most insurance providers offer multiple kinds of insurance (Auto, Home, Life, etc.) members can often save extra by having multiple policies with the same carrier. Consider buying your home (or renters), automobile, and life insurance all from the same company. By bundling all of these together you’ll often get a hefty discount on each of them. Also be sure to ask your provider about group insurance discounts for signing up your entire family!
As you can see, all of the suggestions above are simple inexpensive ways you can save extra money when buying auto insurance. Along with these tips, remember to take your time and plan to get quotes from multiple companies to see who is the most affordable. It’s also a good idea to look up you’re driving record before getting any type of insurance quote online. By knowing what’s on your driving record you should also have an idea on what to expect when you are getting quotes for insurance premiums.
When it comes to choosing the right automobile insurance company, Tony Moreno Insurance has you covered. It is very significant to learn and understand what kind of automobile insurance company you are looking for, whether to choose an automobile insurance company with cheap prices or the ones which offer costly insurance policies. It is very important to find the real differences between the two because often cheap can cost you down the road.
When choosing an insurance company it’s important to consider other factors other than price to better asses who is your right insurance company for you.
- Reliability: The most important thing to remember is why you’re getting insurance. Aside from the obvious that it’s required by some states, you’re getting insurance in the unfortunate event that you’re in an accident. The last thing you want after an accident is to struggle with an unresponsive insurance company or with one that gives you the run-around. Not all insurance companies are created equal, which is why it’s important to ask questions, especially when it comes to what to expect out of your insurance company after an accident.
- Availability – people assume that insurance companies are available at the drop of a hat and in some cases that’s just not true. Is your insurance company available by phone, email, website or fax? Going further, is your insurance company available online on social media such as Facebook and Twitter?
- Type of insurance policy: The next thing is to check is the kind of insurance policy given by the company. It is vital to decide beforehand which type of policy you require and if the automobile company is offering that type of policy or not.
- Discounts: various automobile insurance companies offer different types of discounts for new insurers and/or during certain time periods. Ask your insurance company if they offer discounts and what criteria must you meet in order to benefit from them. Discounts range from: good driver, college graduate, occupation, and more…so be sure to ask. You might be losing out on some savings if you don’t.
Basically, it comes down to asking questions. The problem is consumers don’t always know what type of questions they should be asking. When picking an auto insurance company, refer to the above mentioned points. Choosing the right insurance company can be a bit overwhelming but it doesn’t have to be. We at Tony Moreno Insurance are here to help answers your questions or concerns.
Give us a call at (909) 986-2550 or contact us by email today!