Whether you enjoy riding a cruiser or sport bike, selecting the right motorcycle insurance policy doesn’t have to be a stressful! In fact, there are quite a few simple tips you can use when searching for the motorcycle insurance plan that fits you and the amount of time spent on your bike. Unlike most other automobiles, the majority of riders only take their bikes out for rides during certain seasons of the year. Since coverage is based on how often you use your bike, you might be able to save if you are only an occasional rider. Continue reading below to find six simple tips you should know when choosing your motorcycle insurance policy!
1) Join a Motorcycle Club – Lots of motorcycle clubs have different affiliations with insurance companies to let them offer discounts to group members. If you’re a member of a motorcycle club, consider asking the president if any companies offer a discount. If none of them do, then perhaps you should speak with a local agent in town in order to discuss setting up a partnership for the group.
2) Look for Bulk Discounts – You’ve probably seen commercials about how customers can “bundle and save”. It’s true, you really can save a bit of money by bundling. If you currently have insurance for your other vehicles and home through one company, be sure to ask about what kind of additional discount you can receive for adding on motorcycle insurance as well.
3) Choose the Right Coverage – Liability coverage is mandatory inside all US states, but you may also want to add collision and comprehensive coverage too. Comprehensive coverage will save you in the instance of any non-accident related issues such as theft, while collision coverage will pay for any damages if you are involved in an accident.
4) Be Sure to Compare – The insurance industry works just like electronics and food industries do. Companies are always competing to try and give the lowest price, but if you don’t shop around then you’ll never give them the chance to match or beat offers. Make you sure do some shopping and compare quotes before you buy.
5) Cover Your Extras – Even though collision coverage will generally pay for normal repair costs if you get into an accident, this type of coverage might not protect any custom enhancements such as chrome accessories, custom paint or a sidecar. Be sure to know what extras are covered when deciding on a policy.
6) Make Your Bike Safe – A safer motorcycle will also lead to lower insurance premiums. Make your bike safer by keeping tires fresh, chains tight, fluids full and anything else you can think of. Not only will it save you money, it will also be much safer for riding!
One great thing to remember is that you don’t need to spend extra money to save. Most of the tips listed above won’t cost you a dime, but still have the ability to save you extra money each month. It’s important to remember that you shouldn’t rush to buy motorcycle insurance. Instead, it’s recommended you spend some time comparing the different quotes you receive to then decide which one will best suit your riding needs.
Call us today @ (909) 986-2550 or submit for a quote here.